20,000 UK Employees
The first Lidl UK opened its doors in 1994 and, just over twenty years later, we now have over 700 stores and twelve regional distribution centres across Great Britain employing some 20,000 people.
We take pride in providing our customers with the highest quality products at the lowest possible prices, and work closely with our suppliers to make this possible. We’re also passionate about sourcing locally where possible, and approximately two thirds of our products come from British suppliers.
The Lidl brand was founded in Germany and has grown a great deal to become one of Europe’s leading food retailers. Take a look at the timeline below to find out more about our history.
- To enhance the lives of our customers, by providing quality products at market leading value, whilst ensuring that customer satisfaction is at the heart of everything we do.
- To deliver outstanding customer satisfaction.
- To ensure market leading quality and value by constantly innovating and optimising our efficient processes, driven by technology and people.
- To work with business partners in sustainable relationships, contributing positively to local communities.
- To achieve long term success by investing in the recruitment, training and development of our people.
T: 0800 977 7766