Amadeus is a global distribution system and an IT Solutions business. Amadeus provides search, pricing, booking, ticketing and other processing services in real-time to travel providers and travel agencies through its Amadeus CRS distribution business area. Amadeus employs over 10,000 people.
There are many rumors and legends about where the name Amadeus comes from. One of them says that our company was named after the Falco song that was playing when four European airlines met to form a new GDS. Another says that it’s the name of the bar where they celebrated their agreement to form the company. Whatever the real reason is, our company has come a long way since 1987. Today, Amadeus serves the global travel industry with ground-breaking technology solutions.
Our role in the travel industry
Did you know?
- Amadeus was founded on 21 October 1987
- We operate in 190 markets, with a worldwide team of 15,000 people
- Over €4 billion invested in R&D since 2004
- We have won multiple industry awards
- We form part of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the 5th year running
- In 2016, we reported revenues of €4,473 million
- We are listed on the Spanish Stock Exchange and forms part of the IBEX 35 Index
1208 Newall Road,
Middlesex TW6 2TA
T: 020 8990 0600
How do you solve a problem like programmatic advertising?
Clare de Bono, head of product and innovation, Amadeus, says: “This is brand safe, your brand won't get put next to a Jihadist video, it's a completely safe environment.” It is new for the UK, but has been around for other European countries over the ...
Amadeus Announces Content Agreement with Dana
Amadeus, a leading provider of advanced technology solutions for the global travel industry has announced full content agreement with Nigeria's domestic carrier, Dana Air. The company said that under the agreement, all Amadeus subscribers in Nigeria ...